William the Fourth is owned by the local community through an Incorporated Association, William the Fourth Inc.
Membership is welcome to individuals for a modest annual fee. Enquire for details.
Corporate Sponsorship is encouraged and is tailored to meet each sponsor’s needs. We can provide a sponsorship proposal with full details.
Contact 0419241731. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
William the Fourth Inc. is a registered charity and all donations are tax deductible.
The ship is entirely maintained and operated by volunteers. The ship operates under commercial licence and AMSA survey category 1E. The licence requires a certificated qualified master – near coastal under 35m, with local knowledge certificate for Newcastle Harbour. A certificated engineer – MED3, as well as one licenced GPH. At least four trainees or general deck hands are also used at all times.
New volunteers and trainee crew members are subject to an induction and probationary period. A full crew training programme is available and drills are conducted regularly.
New crew members are most welcome. We encourage anyone interested in volunteering to meet any of our crew at the ship to obtain a full briefing.
Benefits of membership
- • Members and families can enjoy functions on board eg; Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Australia Day.
• The satisfaction from maintaining and or crewing this historic vessel which is so important to Newcastle and the Hunter’s maritime heritage.
• Bringing your skills to this ongoing project and learning new skills.
• Socialising whilst working with other like-minded people.
• See and learn about Newcastle harbour while crewing for charters and public cruises.